|Richard P. Clem|
Topics will include: school speech, establishment clause, free exercise clause, clothing, school newspapers and yearbooks, distribution of literature, student clubs, off-campus speech, book censorship, and the pledge of allegiance.
First Amendment Issues in K-12 Education
This recording can be viewed at any time until December 31.
Please download a copy of the course materials
Richard P. Clem has a B.A. in history from the University of Minnesota, and a J.D., cum laude, from Hamline University School of Law. He has been in private practice in the Twin Cities for over 20 years. His reported cases include: Asociacion Nacional de Pescadores a Pequena Escala o Artesanales de Colombia v. Dow Quimica de Colombia, 988 F.2d 559, rehearing denied, 5 F.3d 530 (5th Cir. 1993), cert. denied, 510 U.S. 1041 (1994); LaMott v. Apple Valley Health Care Center, 465 N.W.2d 585 (Minn. Ct. App. 1991); Abo el Ela v. State, 468 N.W.2d 580 (Minn. Ct. App. 1991).
For more information, see Richard P. Clem Continuing Legal Education.
- Minnesota: 0.75 Credits applied for (MBCLE event code 172373)
- Wisconsin: One on-demand credit approved.
- Iowa: 0.75 credit approved: video version only (Iowa Activity # 92496).
- New York: One credit available through reciprocity with Wisconsin.
- Credit is available in other states, but is the responsibility of the participant. Please contact Richard P. Clem for help obtaining credit in your state.
Richard Clem Continuing Legal Education
This is a Recording of a Program Produced:
Friday, September 21, 2012
12:00 - 12:50 PM
Community Meeting Room
Lower Level, Como Lakeside Pavilion
1360 North Lexington Parkway
St. Paul, Minnesota 55103