What you will learn:
- Overview of CalWORKs, CalFresh, General Assistance
- Overview of Medi-Cal and other health benefits, including implementation of the Affordable Care Act
- Overview of Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and the Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI)
- Understanding of common issues that result in administrative hearings
- Understanding of strategies and procedures for filing writs
Attorneys assisting pro bono clients with benefits matters through representation or in clinical settings, firm pro bono coordinators and partners, corporate law department pro bono managers, law clinic students and faculty, public interest and non-profit organization attorneys and staff, benefits advocates, and benefits agency attorneys and staff.
California Public Benefits: The Basics for Non-Profit and Pro Bono Advocacy 2015
April 7, 2015
9:00 AM Pacific
San Francisco, CA
Webcast - Register Now!
Also presented in-person in San Francisco.
- Amy G. Chen ~ Staff Attorney, Bay Area Legal Aid
- Antionette Dozier ~ Senior Attorney, Western Center on Law & Poverty
- Stephanie Haffner ~ Senior Litigator, Western Center on Law & Poverty
- Lauren Hansen ~ Staff Attorney, Public Interest Law Project
- Amy P. Lee ~ Staff Attorney, Bay Area Legal Aid
- Lisa Lunsford ~ Managing Attorney, Homeless Action Center
- Lisa M. Newstrom ~ Managing Attorney, Santa Clara County, Bay Area Legal Aid
- Patti Prunhuber ~ Staff Attorney, Public Interest Law Project
- Shirley E. Sanematsu ~ Senior Attorney, Western Center on Law & Poverty
- Kristen Washburn ~ Staff Attorney, Bay Area Legal Aid
- Steven Weiss ~ Staff Attorney and Regional SSI Advocacy Coordinator, Bay Area Legal Aid
- Chair: Joanna Parnes ~ Staff Attorney, Bay Area Legal Aid
- Program Attorney: Christina Thompson ~ Program Attorney, Practising Law Institute
Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Islands, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Practising Law Institute
More Information And Registration
|Free CLE Right In Your Web Browser!|
Every week, 4freeCLE brings you dozens of opportunities to earn Continuing Legal Education credits without paying dime!
- Webcasts: Bring CLE to your home or office
- On-Demand Recordings: Let you learn what you need when you need it
- In-Person: Traditional classroom settings give you the maximum opportunity for interaction and networking.
4freeCLE is and always will be free. Subscribe Now!