What You Will Learn
- How to determine whether a Veteran is eligible for VA Non-Service-Connected Pension, including how to reduce a Veteran’s countable income in order to ensure entitlement and maximize income
- How VA Benefits and Social Security benefits intersect, including how they offset one another, the main differences between VA Non-Service-Connected Pension and SSI, and the impact of VA Non-Service-Connected Pension on SSI
- How to prolong a Veteran’s independence by using VA Non-Service-Connected Pension with or without In-Home Supportive Services to pay for in-home care and assisted living
- How to expand a Veteran’s long-term care options using VA Benefits, Medicaid, and In Home Supportive Services
Who Should Attend
- Attorneys and advocates that work with or are interested in serving American Veterans will benefit from this program.
- Elder law, disability rights advocates, and government benefits advocates may find the session particularly applicable to their practice areas.
- IMPORTANT! If you are a VA-accredited attorney and have already completed the VA’s initial CLE requirement, this program may satisfy the VA’s continuing CLE requirement to maintain accreditation.
Better Serving Older or Disabled Veterans: A Special Session on the Intersections between Veterans Benefits, Social Security, and Medicaid
December 18, 2017
9:00 AM PacificWebcast - Register Now!
Practising Law Institute
More Information And Registration