A must for every attorney, including supervising tips for those who have staff helping to manage client trust accounts. Here are just a few questions that you’ll have answered:
- What funds need to go into the trust account?
- Can I have a non-attorney staff as a signatory on a client trust account?
- What about contingent fees?
- What if the client pays by credit card?
- How long do I have to keep trust account records?
- Do I really have to keep an account ledger and a client ledger?
- What if a check comes in that contains both client funds and lawyer funds?
- After depositing a check into the trust account, can I immediately disburse the funds?
- Can I use trust account funds to pay a client’s filing fee?
- What do I do with unclaimed trust account funds?
Managing Client Trust Accounts
WSBA Legal Lunchbox Series
This recorded seminar will be available at no cost to WSBA members throughout December 2014.
Original Program Date:
October 22, 2014
Cheryl M. Heuett - Senior Auditor, WSBA, Seattle
AV Credits - Ethics: 1.50 - MCLE Activity 383558
Free to all WSBA members.
More Information and Registration