But there may be a number of 4-4 ties without his vote. Will the Court announce a 4-4 split? Will the Court decide to put these evenly divided cases over for reargument next year? Will the court have a ninth justice next year? What is before the Court and what might the Court’s decisions mean?
Cases to be addressed include:
· Whole Women’s Health v. Hellerstedt
· Fisher v. University of Texas, Austin
· Zubik v. Burwell
· Friedrichs v. California Teachers Association
· United States v. Texas
· Evenwel v. Abbott
October Term 2015: The Death of Justice Antonin Scalia -- What It Means for the Supreme Court This Year and in the Future
May 2, 2016
1:00 PM Eastern
Webcast - Register Now!
1 Credit In Most Jurisdictions
- Dean Erwin Chemerinsky ~ Dean and Distinguished Professor of Law, Raymond Pryke Professor of First Amendment Law, University of California, Irvine School of Law
- Program Attorney: Amy Taub ~ Practising Law Institute
More Information And Registration