Join Garrick Byers as he addresses the following issues, including:
- Is paying for a meal at a restaurant using a stolen credit card felony burglary, or misdemeanor shoplifting? Does the client still have a prison prior if the underlying felony is now reduced?
- The Courts of Appeal keep filing cases, but the California Supreme Court keeps granting review. Have the amended Publication rules, letting us cite published cases that are on review, clarified things, or made the law more murky then ever?
- Hundreds of thousands of Californians are eligible for relief. A felony record makes housing and jobs hard to get. Can we reach them all in one year? And what about new clients who walk in your door with prior or present Prop. 47 offenses?
- Prop. 47 was supposed to generate millions of dollars to be used for education, drug treatment and to combat recidivism. What is happening to that?
California’s Proposition 47 Two Years On: Find Out What to Do Now
When/Where:September 13, 2016
1:00 PM Eastern
Webcast - Register Now!
Also Presented In-Person In San Francisco, CA
3 or more credits in most jurisdictions
- Garrick Byers ~
- Program Attorney: Amy Taub ~ Practising Law Institute
More Information And Registration