- Work productively with clients who have experienced trauma;
- Learn about PTSD and how it may relate to clients’ legal issues;
- Partner effectively with mental health professionals; and
- Develop compelling evidence to support advocacy for individuals affected by PTSD.
- An understanding of how trauma and PTSD affect the brain;
- A description of PTSD symptoms and how they affect people in their day-to-day lives;
- Discussion of how PTSD symptoms can be relevant in legal proceedings;
- Guidance for developing relevant information and evidence about PTSD;
- Insight into mental health reports, evaluations, and other clinical evidence; and
- Strategies for working effectively with mental health professionals to develop and present information about PTSD that supports advocacy for those affected by trauma.
A Guide to Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) for Advocates: How to Effectively Address PTSD in Matters Involving Veterans and Others Affected by Trauma
July 19, 2017
9:00 AM Pacific
Webcast - Register Now!
Also presented in-person San Francisco, CA
Practising Law Institute
More Information And Registration