Attend this training for an overview of key issues and legal concerns from both HOA and homeowner advocates - for HOAs as governing bodies and for information that can help you assist individual homeowners facing the possibility of foreclosure or experiencing fair housing problems at the hands of their HOA. The attorney trainers will provide an overview of the relevant rules and regulations governing these issues and discuss how to identify and address HOA problems for homeowner members and the HOA as a body.
What you will learn
- Legal structure governing HOAs
- Issues that can lead to foreclosure (such as normal monthly dues, special assessments)
- Laws governing foreclosure by an HOA
- Addressing construction defects
- Interplay between debt collection laws and HOA responsibilities
- Fair housing and HOAs (issues such as religion and accessibility.
What a Homeowner's Attorney Needs to Know About Debt Collection, Foreclosure and Discrimination by California Homeowners Associations
August 22, 2014
9:00 AM Pacific
Webcast - Register Now!
Also presented in-person in San Francisco.
- Chair: Maeve Elise Brown ~ Executive Director, Housing and Economic Rights Advocates
- Gina Di Giusto ~ Staff Attorney, Housing and Economic Rights Advocates
- Cang N. Le ~ Senior Attorney, Adams Kessler
- Noah Zinner ~ Senior Attorney, Housing and Economic Rights Advocates
- Program Attorney: Christina Thompson ~ Program Attorney, Practising Law Institute
PLI seminars qualify for credit in all states that require mandatory continuing legal education for attorneys. Please be sure to check with your state.
Practising Law Institute
More Information And Registration
|Free CLE Right In Your Web Browser!|
Every week, 4freeCLE brings you dozens of opportunities to earn Continuing Legal Education credits without paying dime!
- Webcasts: Bring CLE to your home or office
- On-Demand Recordings: Let you learn what you need when you need it
- In-Person: Traditional classroom settings give you the maximum opportunity for interaction and networking.
4freeCLE is and always will be free. Subscribe Now!