On March 12, 2018, at 2:00 p.m. (ET), The TASA Group, in conjunction with engineering experts Carl Berkowitz, Oren Masory, and Jim Blaze will present a free, one-hour interactive webinar presentation, Railroad Safety, for all legal professionals. During this presentation, Carl, Oren, and Jim will discuss:
- Railroad-highway grade crossing and right-of-way safety
- Slips, trips, and falls in the railroad environment
- Rail safety and incident analysis
- Passenger and railroad worker safety
- Railroad operating rules, regulations and industry standards.
March 12, 2018
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM (UTC-05:00) EasternWebcast - Register Now!
- Carl Berkowitz, Ph.D., PE, AICP, Co-Director of the Forensic Engineering Institute, has more than 50 years of experience in the transportation engineering and transportation safety field. He has consulted around the world about the safe operation of public and private transportation systems, and been featured on CBS, NBC, YouTube, and in national and local newspapers. He has worked with TASA for more than 20 years.
- Oren Masory, Ph.D., Co-Director of the Forensic Engineering Institute, has over 30 years of mechanical engineering experience. Currently, he is a professor in the Department of Ocean and Mechanical Engineering at Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton. His research interests include vehicle accident reconstruction, workplace related injuries, building and safety codes, and major transportation safety issues with a focus on safe railroad operations.
- Jim Blaze, MA, is a senior adviser at the Forensic Engineering Institute and has more than 45 years of experience in the intermodal transportation safety and railroad industry. He has consulted around the world about railroad operations, business cost benefits and railroad safety. He is an expert on NORAC and GCOR train operating rules, AAR, and APTA rules and policies, FTA and FRA technical safety minimum rules and regulations, and FHWA rules, procedures, and design manuals.
The TASA Group, Inc.
CLE approvals pending.
More Information And Registration