What you will learn:
- How to find the right case:
- What types of cases are right to meet your goals
- How to pick pro bono opportunities that fit in with your current employment situation
- Where to find cases or matters
- Options in types of volunteering commitments
- Handling your first case:
- Ensuring that you are or become competent
- Handling your first client meeting
- Understanding your client’s circumstances
- Working with the court
- Finishing up the case.
People who have not yet handled their first pro bono case, or have just taken their first matter, and people who work with newer attorneys in professional development or pro bono.
How to Find and Handle Your First Pro Bono Case
May 27, 2014
9:00 AM Pacific
Webcast - Register Now!
Also presented in-person in San Francisco.
- Chair: Tiela Chalmers ~ Chief Executive Officer, Alameda County Bar Association
- Hilarie A Atkisson ~ Senior Manager, Pro Bono Administration, Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Paul R Chavez ~ Senior Attorney & Pro Bono Coordinator, Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights of the San Francisco Bay Area
- Elizabeth A. Hom ~ Director of Access Programs, Alameda County Bar Association
- Parisa Ijadi-Maghsoodi ~ Managing Attorney, Legal Services of Northern California - Senior Legal Hotline
- Program Attorney: Christina Thompson ~ Practising Law Institute.
Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Islands, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Practising Law Institute
More Information And Registration
Free CLE Right In Your Web Browser!
Subscribe to 4freeCLE!
4freeCLE is the free Newsletter of free Continuing Legal Education.
Every week, 4freeCLE brings you dozens of opportunities to earn Continuing Legal Education credits without paying dime!
- Webcasts: Bring CLE to your home or office
- On-Demand Recordings: Let you learn what you need when you need it
- In-Person: Traditional classroom settings give you the maximum opportunity for interaction and networking.