Help respond to this voting rights crisis by joining the American Constitution Society and the Campaign Legal Center in a half-day CLE training program, taught by some of the most respected voting rights practitioners in the country. This training will arm attendees with the tools and tips necessary to become active members of the voting rights bar, and will provide an opportunity for new and returning members of the voting rights community to meet and strategize about the challenges to come. We need you to be part of the next generation of voting rights defenders.
To participate, please contact Katie O’Connor, Assistant Director of Lawyer Chapters for the American Constitution Society, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 202-741-0707.
Voting Rights Litigation Training
Friday, May 9, 2014
12:30pm - 4:00pm
Jenner & Block LLP
1099 New York Avenue, NW
Lunch will be provided at 12:30 p.m.
Training from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Jessica Amunson, Partner, Jenner & Block
- Julie Fernandes, Senior Policy Analyst, Open Society Foundations; Member, Board of Directors, American Constitution Society
- Gerry Hebert, Executive Director & Director of Litigation, Campaign Legal Center
- Marcia Johnson-Blanco, Co-Director, Voting Rights Project, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- Pamela Karlan, Deputy Assistant Attorney General, Civil Rights Division, U.S. Department of Justice (invited)
- Paul M. Smith, Partner, Jenner & Block; Member, Board of Directors, American Constitution Society.
American Constitution Society
The American Constitution Society is a State Bar of California approved CLE provider and this event has been approved for 3.0 hours of California MCLE credit; 3.0 hours of CLE credit will be available for members of the New York bar in accordance with New York’s Approved Jurisdiction policy.
More Information And Registration