This free one-hour briefing will offer some practical tips and ethical considerations for attorneys currently serving on nonprofit boards or thinking about joining a nonprofit board. Please join Courtney A. Darts, Director of Education, Pro Bono Partnership and Nancy Eberhardt, Director, New Jersey Program, Pro Bono Partnership as they discuss:
- Tips for identifying and joining a nonprofit board that interests you;
- Doing your due diligence – the questions to ask and documents to request before you join a nonprofit board;
- Bringing maximum value to your role – thinking how you can best assist your fellow board members with business decisions, risk management, and legal decisions;
- Understanding liability, insurance, and indemnification; and
- Ethical considerations for the attorney who is being asked to give legal advice to the board on which he/she sits.
Serving on a Nonprofit Board – Practical Considerations for Attorneys
July 12, 2016
1:00 PM Eastern
Webcast - Register Now!
Also Presented In-Person In San Francisco, CA
3 or more credits in most jurisdictions
- Courtney A. Darts ~ Pro Bono Partnership
- Nancy Eberhardt ~ Pro Bono Partnership
- Program Attorney: Amy Taub ~ Practising Law Institute
More Information And Registration