As part of the ABA’s National Celebrate Pro Bono Week, please join Tiela Chalmers, CEO of the Alameda County Bar Association and Volunteer Legal Services, for a free One-Hour Briefing on how to become culturally competent, and learn how you can make yourself a stronger and more effective attorney.
Topics to be addressed include:
- What is cultural competence, and why is it important in the practice of law?
- How does cultural competence differ in pro bono and paying cases?
- What are some tools attorneys can use to gain cultural competence?
- Learn how increased cultural competence can help you to recognize and eliminate bias in your practice
How to Become a Culturally Competent Attorney
October 26, 2016
1:00 PM Eastern
Webcast - Register Now!
1 Credit in most jurisdictions
- Tiela Chalmers ~ Chief Executive Officer, Alameda County Bar Association
- Program Attorney: Amy Taub ~ Practising Law Institute
More Information And Registration