Topics that will be covered include:
- Moving employment cases forward using virtual platforms: how does remote mediation compare to an in-person proceeding? How do lawyers and parties adapt?
- Understanding the technology: an overview of what you need to know—breakout rooms, chats, screen sharing, document exchange and other essential tools
- Preparing lawyers, parties and clients for virtual mediation: getting comfortable with the technology, the value of practice sessions, and the importance of continuing administrative support
- Advocating effectively in an online environment: unique commencement tactics, reading the “virtual” room, screen-based communications, client engagement, and momentum building techniques
- Closing the deal: executing settlement agreements virtually, following up post session
- Experience-based discussion of the pros, cons and red herrings: confidentiality and privacy, cost and efficiency, and what the future holds.
Successfully Mediating Employment Disputes Online During COVID-19: Leveraging Unforeseen Advantages and Addressing New Challenges
June 5, 2020
1:00 PM EDT
Continuing Legal Education Webinar - Register Now!
- Robin H. Gise
- Chris M. Kwok
- Michael J. Loeb
- Deborah Crandall Saxe
Practising Law Institute (PLI)
Credit in most jurisdictions
PLI is providing free access to online programs covering legal developments related to the global coronavirus crisis. Please use this priority code during
checkout: FREE COVID
More Information And Registration