- Get updated on market developments and emerging industries that will affect performance in 2020
- Understand the market framework that will influence decisions by private companies that seek cash or interesting opportunities
- Get insights on how market changes and other factors will affect fundraising and the potential for market flotations.
Shifts in Corporate Transactions & Investment in 2020
May 28 2020, 1:00 PM EDT
1:00 PM EDT •12:00 PM CDT •11:00 AM MDT •10:00 AM PDT
Free Continuing Legal Education Webinar - Register Now!
The sponsor's announcement says this earns 1 CLE credit, but does not list jurisdiction. It is possible you may have to self-apply
- Preston Brewer is a Legal Analyst on Bloomberg Law’s Transactional team, with an emphasis on capital markets. Previously, he was an attorney-adviser with the SEC focusing on biotech IPOs. His law firm experience includes corporate and securities and debt trading. Preston has an LL.M. in securities and financial regulation from Georgetown, a JD from USC, and a BA from UC Santa Barbara.
- Grace Maral Burnett is a Legal Analyst on Bloomberg Law’s Transactional team, with a focus on M&A. Previously, she was an M&A lawyer at Turunc law firm in Istanbul, where her practice focused on inbound and outbound transactions and greenfield investment projects. At Turunc, she regularly advised multinationals and private equity funds on deals. Previously, Grace worked on business and employment disputes as an associate at Leftwich LLC. Grace received her JD and BA degrees from American University.
- Carol Anne Huff focuses her practice on corporate and securities law, with an emphasis on the representation of private equity firms and public companies in capital markets transactions and in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and restructurings. Ms. Huff has deep experience in complex capital markets and restructuring transactions, including initial public offerings, transactions involving special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs),high-yield debt offerings, going-private transactions, tender offers, PIPE transactions,and spin-offs.
- Matthew R. Kittay, Co-Chair, Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group, Fox Rothschild LLP, is nationally recognized as an innovative leader who guides businesses, investors and entrepreneurs to achieve the corporate financing and structures that drive their success. Matthew has deep experience in structuring mergers and acquisitions and securing private equity and venture capital for a wide range of companies, particularly in the technology, software, cannabis, manufacturing and health care sectors. He serves as Outside General Counsel for emerging and growth-stage companies, advising clients on a host of regulatory and corporate matters and resolving a range of legal issues as they arise. Matthew is ranked Band 1 by Chambers USA as a leading corporate attorney for his transactional work with clients in the cannabis sector. Following a string major deals he closed in 2019, The National Law Journal recognized him as a Trailblazer in Cannabis Law.
- Moderator: Diane Holt is the Team Lead for Bloomberg Law’s Transactional Analysis. Previously, she worked as transactional counsel for Enel, SpA, the Italian electric monopoly, in Rome, Italy; consultant to Central European regional operations in transition; manager of Central European Advisory Group, the regional legal and business consultancy; and law firm associate in Washington D.C. A graduate of Wesleyan University, Diane earned her JD at the University of Michigan, and she speaks Spanish, Italian, Czech and French.
More Information And Registration