Join active duty, reserve and civilian attorneys at this FREE program. You’ll hear a discussion of legal issues as hot as this morning’s headlines, and learn how you can help our men and women in uniform and their families. All active and reserve Judge Advocates of all the Armed Services are also invited to attend.
Members of the public (non-lawyers) may attend on a complimentary basis through a grant by the New Jersey State Bar Foundation.
The symposium topics will include:
• Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
• Employee Support of the Guard and Reserve
• Veteran diversionary programs
• Family law as it pertains to military personnel
... and more
Annual Military Law Symposium
September 10, 2016 Saturday
9:00 AM - 2:25 PM ET
New Jersey Law Center
1 Constitution Sq. New Brunswick, NJ 08901
NJSBA Military Law and Veterans' Affairs Section
- Thomas Roughneen, Esq.
Chair, Military Law and Veterans Affairs Section
Strazza and Roughneen, LLC (Chatham)
- Patricia Apy, Esq.
Paras Apy & Reiss, LLP (Red Bank)
- Hon. Sean F. Dalton, Esq.
Prosecutor Gloucester County (Woodbury)
- Christine Clemens, Esq.
Finkelstein and Partners, LLP
(Edison and Newburgh, NY)
- Hon. Joseph D. Coronato, Esq.
Prosecutor, Ocean County
- CSM Art Maggs (ret.)
Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (Trenton)
- John McDonald, Esq.
Past President, Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers – New Jersey
McDonald and Rogers, LLC (Somerville)
- Nancy Morgan, Esq.
Finkelstein and Partners, LLP (Edison and Newburgh, NY)
- Thomas H. Prol, Esq.
- Laddey Clark & Ryan, LLP (Sparta)
Major General Clyde “Butch” Tate (ret.)
Senior Fellow for Veteran and Legal Affairs at Justice For Vets (Washington DC)
- Joseph M. Scaturo, Esq.
Attorney, Investigations and Prosecution Division
U.S. Office of Special Counsel (Washington, DC)
- Lt. Col. Sarajane "Sally" Stenton, Esq.
Rutgers Law School (Newark)
- Sanford Rader, Esq.
Past Chair, NJSBA MLVAS
James P. Nolan & Associates (Woodbridge)
- Ted Romankow, Esq.
Former Union County ProsecutorJaverbaum Wurgaft Hicks Kahn Wikstrom & Sinins, PC (Springfield)
- This course will meet the advanced requirements for VA Accreditation pursuant to 38 C.F.R. Â§ 14.629.
- NJ CLE information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 5.0 hours of total CLE credit. This program has been approved for 5.0 credits (50 minute hour)
- PA CLE: 4.0 substantive credits credit pending ($16 fee – separate check payable to NJICLE must be submitted at the end of the program)
- NY CLE (nt): 5.0 professional practice credits
Click here for PDF registration form.