- Brian Howe of the Ohio Innocence Project describing the history of the Ohio Innocence Project and its current efforts to establish a Cleveland OIP branch.
- Carmen Naso, a professor at Case Western Reserve Law School and current advisor to CWRU Law’s externs for the county prosecutor and public defenders, will focus on how to select and successfully litigate wrongful conviction cases.
- Raymond Towler, who was wrongfully convicted of rape and kidnapping and spent 29 years in prison in Cuyahoga County, will tell the story of his exoneration and of the difficulty re-entry issues that many exonerees face.
- Terry Gilbert and David Mills are going to present on their extensive experience litigating wrongful conviction civil cases and how attorneys can successfully assist clients with a smooth re-entry into society.
The Road to Exoneration: Litigating Wrongful Conviction Cases
November 16, 2016
02:30 PM - 04:30 PM
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
1375 E 9th Street
Cleveland, OH 44114
- Brian Howe
- Carmen Naso
- Raymond Towler
- Terry Gilbert
- David Mills.
- Northeast Ohio Chapter of the American Constitution Society
- Norman S. Minor Bar Association
- Ohio Innocence Project.
This is a two-hour CLE program.
More Information And Registration