election, and continuing low interest rates, traditional estate planning is changing. Should our credit shelter trusts be funded to the federal level? State level? Only upon a spouse’s disclaimer? Or not at all? How do we think about transferring appreciation out of a client’s estate if it means the loss of a stepped-up basis?
The presenters will explore these questions and provide recommendations for achieving a plan tailored to each client’s situation.
This program can fill up quickly, so you may wish to register soon, using the information for your state, below.
Tailoring The Estate Planning Wardrobe - Adapting Traditional Techniques for a Better Fit
The 23rd Annual Estate & Charitable Gift Planning Institute
When/Where:September 21, 2015
10:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. EST
7:00 a.m.- 1:30 p.m. PST
- California: San Diego
- Connecticut: Hartford
- Florida: Clermont, Orlando, Tallahassee
- Illinois: Belleville, Canton, Champaign, Decatur, Galesburg, Macomb, Moline, Morris, Normal, Ottawa, Peoria, Quincy, Springfield
- Indiana: Bloomington, Columbus, Evansville, Ft. Wayne, Indianapolis, Lafayette, Madison, Marion, Merrillville, New Albany, South Bend, Terre Haute, Warsaw
- Iowa: Cedar Falls, Cedar Rapids, Clinton, Des Moines, Sioux City, West Des Moines
- Kansas: Hays, Lawrence, Manhattan, Newton, Overland Park, Pittsburg, Salina, Topeka, Wichita, Winfield
- Maine: Bangor, Portland
- Massachusetts: Salem
- Michigan: Fremont, Iron Mountain
- Mississippi: Biloxi
- Missouri: Kansas City, St. Joseph
- Nebraska: Grand Island, Holdredge, Norfolk, Omaha
- New Hampshire: Manchester
- New Jersey: Camden, Montclair
- New York: Amherst, Riverhead, Syracuse, West Nyack
- Pennsylvania: Harrisburg, East Stroudsburg, Lancaster
- Ohio: Akron, Bowling Green, Cambridge, Dayton, East Liverpool, Elyria, Mansfield, Sandusky, Massillon, New Philadelphia, Newark, Painesville, Ravenna, Sandusky, Steubenville, Wadsworth, Warren, West Chester
- South Carolina: Florence, Greenwood
- South Dakota: Rapid City
- Texas: San Antonio
- Utah: Salt Lake City
- Virginia: Fredricksburg,
- Ann B. Burns, J.D., Chair of the Trust, Estate and Charitable Planning Group, Gray Plant Mooty. Ann’s practice focuses on estate and charitable planning, business succession planning, estate and trust administration, and fiduciary and tax litigation.
- Samuel A. Donaldson, J.D., LL.M., Professor of Law, Georgia State University - Atlanta, Georgia. Prior to joining the Georgia State faculty in 2012, he was on the faculty at the University of Washington School of Law for 13 years.
The Salvation Army