What You Will Learn
- Components of a mental status exam which can be used by attorneys to document a client’s behavior for a disability case
- How to use potential questions within a clinical interview to understand functional impairment
- Techniques to prevent challenging client behaviors from undermining effective representation
- The harm reduction representation model, including meeting your clients where they are without judgment and recognizing alternative success outcomes
- Legal and ethical obligations when representing clients with disabilities
- How to provide reasonable accommodations
- Managing client expectations and setting appropriate parameters to foster a positive working relationship and optimal outcomes for both attorneys and clients
Representing Clients with Mental Disabilities and Challenging Behaviors 2015
September 25, 2015
9:00 AM Pacific
San Francisco, CA
Webcast - Register Now!
Also presented in-person in San Francisco.
- Chair: Sharon Djemal ~ Director, Consumer Clinic, East Bay Community Law Center
- Elisa M. Della-Piana ~ Director of Programs, East Bay Community Law Center
- Pamela Marx ~ Supervising Attorney, Mental Health Advocacy Services, Inc.
- Eliza Schafler ~ Staff Attorney, Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles
- Patricia E. Wall ~ Executive Director, Homeless Action Center
- Fahmida Zaman, Ph.D. ~ Licensed Clinical Psychologist,
- Program Attorney: Christina Thompson ~ Program Attorney, Practising Law Institute
Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Islands, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Practising Law Institute
More Information And Registration
|Free CLE Right In Your Web Browser!|
Every week, 4freeCLE brings you dozens of opportunities to earn Continuing Legal Education credits without paying dime!
- Webcasts: Bring CLE to your home or office
- On-Demand Recordings: Let you learn what you need when you need it
- In-Person: Traditional classroom settings give you the maximum opportunity for interaction and networking.
4freeCLE is and always will be free. Subscribe Now!