Within the context of pro bono representation, using “all-new” hypotheticals as the basis of discussion, this program will review issues concerning:
- The attorney-client relationship
- Who is the client?
- Client misconduct
- Confidentiality, conflicts of interest and privilege
- Dealing with pro se adversaries and other third parties
- Ethical issues faced by firm and in-house counsel undertaking pro bono activities
- Collaboration with nonlawyers
- Unauthorized practice of law (either by misusing non-lawyer assistants or by practicing outside one's, own jurisdiction)
- Limited scope representation
Ethical Issues in Pro Bono Representation
December 11, 2015
9:00 AM Eastern
New York, NY
Webcast - Register Now!
This is a webcast of the live New York session.
Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Islands, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Practising Law Institute
As part of PLI’s commitment to public service and the pro bono activities of the legal community, there is no fee to attend this program.
More Information And Registration
|Free CLE Right In Your Web Browser!|
Every week, 4freeCLE brings you dozens of opportunities to earn Continuing Legal Education credits without paying dime!
- Webcasts: Bring CLE to your home or office
- On-Demand Recordings: Let you learn what you need when you need it
- In-Person: Traditional classroom settings give you the maximum opportunity for interaction and networking.
4freeCLE is and always will be free. Subscribe Now!