The Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO) in 2014 convened a group of stakeholders, including the immunization manager, registry manager, state health official/senior deputy, legal counsel and information technology staff from North Dakota, Idaho, Colorado, Michigan, and Minnesota to discuss solutions and identify a plan forward to address technical and legal IIS interstate data exchange barriers. ASTHO then collaborated with the Partnership for Public Health Law and the Network for Public Health Law to develop a template IIS interjurisdictional data sharing memorandum of understanding (MOU).
This webinar provides an opportunity for public health professionals, including immunization program managers, IIS program staff, public health attorneys, and privacy officers to learn about state-specific issues related to IIS interjurisdictional sharing, the template MOU, and possible implementation steps.
Immunization Information System (IIS) Interjurisdictional Data Sharing: Addressing Technical and Legal Barriers
Wednesday, December 9, 2015
12:00 pm Central Standard Time (Chicago, GMT-06:00)
The sponsor has not applied for CLE Credit. You may be able to self-apply in your state.
The Network for Public Health Law
- Molly Howell, M.P.H., Immunization Program Manager, North Dakota Department of Health
- Denise Chrysler, J.D., Director, Network for Public Health Law — Mid-States Region
- Bob Swanson, M.P.H. Director, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Division of Immunization
- Mary Beth Kurilo, M.P.H., M.S.W., Policy and Planning Directory, American Immunization Registry Association
- Moderator: Terry Dwelle, M.D., M.P.H.T.M., C.P.H., State Health Officer, North Dakota Department of Health