What you will learn:
- Working with Pro Bono Low-Income Clients
- Family Law 101/Overview in Low-Income Family Law Cases
- Basic Overview of Child Custody and Visitation
- Child Custody and Visitation Procedure
- Obtaining Child and Spousal Support in Low-Income Family Law Cases
- Property Issues in Low-Income Family Law Cases
- Using California Family Law Judicial Council Forms
- How to Finish a Dissolution Case: Case Settlement, Trial, Judgments
Anyone interested in providing pro bono assistance to low-income family law clients in California (whether limited scope family law matters or full representation in a dissolution matter) would benefit from attending. The program is appropriate for new attorneys and more experienced practitioners looking to volunteer with non-profit legal services agencies who can provide ongoing mentorship and support.
California Family Law Basics: Pro Bono Representation in Low- Income Family Law Cases 2015
February 3 - 4, 2015
9:00 AM Pacific
Webcast - Register Now!
Also presented in-person in San Francisco.
- Stephanie E. Bilinski ~ Family Law Supervising Attorney, Justice & Diversity Center of The Bar Association of San Francisco
- Elizabeth A. Hom ~ Director of Access Programs, Alameda County Bar Association
- Genevieve L. Richardson ~ Managing Attorney Contra Costa, Marin and Napa Regional Office, Bay Area Legal Aid
- Commissioner Josanna Berkow (Ret.) ~ Certified Specialist in Family Law, Judicial Settlement
- Erin Beavers ~ Staff Attorney, Bay Area Legal Aid
- Sharon M. Braz ~ Certified Family Law Specialist,
- Janice Cho ~ Founder, Law Office of Janice Cho
- Janet L. Frankel ~ Certified Specialist in Family Law, Law Offices of Janet L. Frankel
- Justyn Lezin ~ Cabello & Lezin LLP
- Yasmine S. Mehmet ~ Certified Specialist in Family Law, Law Office of Yasmine S. Mehmet
- Dia Montecillo ~ Staff Attorney, Bay Area Legal Aid
- Kimberly Parker ~ Family Court Settlement Officer, Superior Court of California - County of Santa Clara, Family Resources Division
- Sandra Roberts-Stokes ~ Department of Child Support Services - Alameda County
Christina Thompson ~ Program Attorney, Practising Law Institute
Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Islands, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Practising Law Institute
More Information And Registration
|Free CLE Right In Your Web Browser!|
Every week, 4freeCLE brings you dozens of opportunities to earn Continuing Legal Education credits without paying dime!
- Webcasts: Bring CLE to your home or office
- On-Demand Recordings: Let you learn what you need when you need it
- In-Person: Traditional classroom settings give you the maximum opportunity for interaction and networking.
4freeCLE is and always will be free. Subscribe Now!