At this comprehensive program, panels of nationally-recognized experts will provide a nuts and bolts overview of how to most effectively defend immigrants facing removal proceedings.
What you will learn:
- Recent developments in asylum law
- The nuts and bolts of cancellation of removal
- How to represent clients in detention
- Representing the criminal defendant in removal proceedings
- Representing children in removal proceedings and Violence Against Women Act claims
- Ethical issues in removal proceedings.
This program will benefit lawyers who currently represent or are interested in representing immigrant clients facing removal proceedings.
Defending Immigration Removal Proceedings 2014
Aug. 11, 2014
9:00 AM Eastern
Webcast - Register Now!
Also Groupcast: Atlanta, Columbus & New York City.
- Chair: Parisa Karaahmet ~ Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Lori K. Adams ~ Managing Attorney, Refugee Protection Program, Human Rights First
- Barbara Camacho ~ Fragomen Fellow, City Bar Justice Center
- Cheryl R. David ~ The Law Office of Cheryl R. David
- Julie E. Dinnerstein ~ Senior Legal Consultant, CUNY Citizenship Now
- Michael P. DiRaimondo ~ DiRaimondo & Masi LLP
- Jennifer Friedman ~ Director of Immigration Advocacy, Civil Action Practice, The Bronx Defenders
- James W. Grable Sr. ~ Attorney at Law
- Matthew L. Guadagno ~ The Law Office of Matthew L. Guadagno
- Hon. Robert Katzmann ~ United States Circuit Court Judge, United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Linda Kenepaske ~ Law Offices of Linda Kenepaske, PLLC
- Cyrus D. Mehta ~ Cyrus D. Mehta & Associates, PLLC
- Thomas E. Moseley ~ Attorney at Law
- C. Mario Russell ~ Senior Attorney, Catholic Charities Immigration Legal Services;, Adjunct Professor, St. John's University School of Law
- Mark R. von Sternberg ~ Senior Attorney, Immigrant & Refugee Services, Catholic Charities Community Services/Archdiocese of New York
- Morgan M. Weibel ~ Supervising Immigration Attorney, Tahirih Justice Center
- Program Attorney: Doreen Odom ~ Practising Law Institute
Up to 6.5 credits, including up to 1 ethics credit, in Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Islands, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Practising Law Institute
More Information And Registration
|Free CLE Right In Your Web Browser!|
Every week, 4freeCLE brings you dozens of opportunities to earn Continuing Legal Education credits without paying dime!
- Webcasts: Bring CLE to your home or office
- On-Demand Recordings: Let you learn what you need when you need it
- In-Person: Traditional classroom settings give you the maximum opportunity for interaction and networking.
4freeCLE is and always will be free. Subscribe Now!