Why you should attendUsing a lively, interactive format, Ethical Issues in Pro Bono Representation 2011 will examine recent developments and on-going issues in ethics and professional responsibility arising out of pro bono and public interest practice.
Ethics Issues in Pro Bono Representation 2011
Webinar at http://www.pli.edu/Content/_/N-1z13gctZ4k?Ns=sort_date%7c0
December 20, 2011, 9:00 a.m. - 11:10 a.m.
Please note the time is EST and adjust for your time zone (e.g. 6 a.m. PST)
What you will learn
Within the context of pro bono representation, using “all-new” hypotheticals as the basis for discussion, this program will review issues and new developments concerning:
- The attorney-client relationship; beginning and ending the relationship and determining the scope of representation
- Client identity and third party involvement
- Client misconduct
- Confidentiality, conflicts of interest and privilege - recent developments
- Dealing with pro se adversaries and other third parties
- Representing clients with diminished capacity
Who should attendAll attorneys working in nonprofit organizations and legal service organizations, as well as those involved in pro bono practice in law firms and corporate legal departments.
This event has been approved for ethics CLE credit in most American jurisdictions. See the "Credit Information" on the right side of the Announcement.