Join Jonathan Grad of Extra Mile Law, PLLC for a survey of emojis and the law. The goal of this CLE class is to familiarize attorneys with emojis, and emoticons and related legal issues.
We will discuss:
- what is an emoji and what is an emoticon?
- how courts are treating these new and powerful symbols of communication,
- searching for emojis in caselaw and literature,
- can you copyright or patent emojis or emoticons?
- can an emoji or emoticon serve as a trademark?
Emojis and the Law
June 1, 2020
12 p.m. - 1 p.m., CDT
Register Now. Enrollment limited to the first 25 registrants.
1 unit of credit has been approved in WY.
1 unit of credit has been applied for in MN and WI.Many states allow attorneys to self-apply for credit: see State Rules.
Jonathan Grad, JD, PhD, has practiced law since 1995 and is licensed to practice in MN, WI, and before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.Presented By:
Extra Mile Law, PLLC, a MN-based boutique intellectual property law firm.