Best Practices in Prior Art Searching in Mechanical Engineering
June 28, 2016
12:00 PM EDT
This CLE will examine the tools that maximize search efforts and walks through successful processes to extract relevant data from search results. Search Strategies Examined:
- Classifying multiple components within different Mechanical Engineering sectors
- Searching tips and tricks using ME strategies and examples
- Searching ME specific databases
- Search Types: What kinds of prior art searches are there?
- Search Strategies: A guide to conducting a good search.
- Databases: Patent vs. non-patent, free vs. subscription, as well as which databases specialize in particular subject areas, along with their pros, cons & features.
Arvind Viswanathan & Jeffrey Sobek: Coming from varied technical and management backgrounds, they also bring a wealth of knowledge from more than 40 years of combined experience working with IP professionals from top IP and AmLaw firms to individual inventors.
Legal Advantage has conducted over 3,000 combined searches, with a cross section of experience of searching for patent and non-patent literature in databases mirrored with extensive on-site search experience at the USPTO.
FL, TX, WA; some other states may allow credit upon self-application.