Complimentary LexisNexis® Webinar on Bensen & Myers’ Best Practices for Litigation Management Budgeting Tools, Settlement Strategies, and Solving Ethical Dilemmas
Thursday, May 12, 2011
2:00 PM - 4:15 PM (Americas) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Corporations seek predictability. CEOs demand intelligently formed strategic plans based on thorough assessment of the market, reliable data and innovation. CEOs also expect flawless and ethical execution by well-trained and developed teams, using methods that keep costs under control or, better yet, reduce them. But litigation often brings unforeseen turbulence that that sends those plans into a tailspin. And for most large corporations litigation is a part of their daily existence. Can the rules of running a business be applied to litigation itself? Are there methods of adding a level of predictability to the process? How can litigation teams be trained and developed? How can costs be controlled, reduced or avoided?
LexisNexis will host a panel featuring two experienced litigators and authors, along with an expert on Legal Process Outsourcing to provide you with guidance and insights on these issues during the complimentary webinar “Bensen & Myers’ Best Practices for Litigation Management - Budgeting Tools, Settlement Strategies, and Solving Ethical Dilemmas.” The webinar is scheduled on Thursday, May 12, 2011 from 2:00 to 4:15 p.m. Eastern Time.
Designed for in-house counsel and law firms alike, the webinar will address these topics followed by answers to your questions:
- Litigation Budgets: Starting an Engagement on the Right Foot with a Budget and Management Protocol
- Litigation Budgets as a Financial Tool
- Litigation Budgets as a Management Tool
- Determining the right size for the litigation team
- Legal Process Outsourcing: Benefits and Challenges Regarding Budgets
- Understanding Fed. R. Civ. P. 26 and Complying with Disclosure Obligations Ethically
- Properly Withholding Material From Disclosure: An examination of Model Rules 1.6, 1.13 and 1.18
- Waiver of Privilege or Work Product Protection
- Training Junior Associates in Best Practices
- Attorney-Client Privilege and Confidentiality
Appearing on the panel will be: Rebecca Kelder Myers, Esq. of Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker LLP in New York, Eric Bensen, Esq., Author & Consultant in New York and Jeffrey Teso of CPA Global North America, LLC.
*LexisNexis® is approved for Telephonic/Webinar training in 43 states. This specific webinar is approved in 36 states including Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York†, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin. This specific webinar is in the approval process for Delaware, Indiana, Kansas, Mississippi, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, and Wyoming.