Former DOJ and SEC officials and a former federal agent will discuss timely and critical issues that impact companies who operate in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, and other countries in the Region, including:
- Who is a "foreign official" and factors that must now be considered to determine whether state-owned or controlled companies qualify as "instrumentalities" under the FCPA
- Understanding how the Dodd-Frank whistleblower provisions impact FCPA enforcement, voluntary disclosures, and investigation
- The ever-expanding extraterritorial reach of the FCPA against foreign companies and their officers, directors and employees
- Third-party intermediaries - due diligence and red flags
- What is on the horizon - industries subject to US government scrutiny and risk areas to watch in Latin America
- What the government expects to see in your company's compliance program - targeting policies to geography, risk level and operational structures, and third-party business partners.
The Cost of Doing Business: Managing FCPA Risks in Latin America. SEC and DOJ Enforcement Trends and Solutions for Companies in Crisis
May 16, 2012
8:00 - 8:30 a.m.: Breakfast & Registration
8:30-10:00 a.m.: Program
Thompson & Knight LLP - Houston Office333 Clay Street
Houston, Texas 77002
1.5 hours of CLE and CPE (Texas and New York) have been approved. Newly admitted attorneys are not eligible for CLE credit in New York
More Information And Registration.