Advocates for immigrants in California have achieved some significant victories that may signal a direction that other states could follow. These policy bright spots in California stand in stark contrast to the immigration enforcement approaches of states like Arizona, Alabama, and Georgia. But what are the implications for immigration federalism, and what is next for California and other states?
This is a brown bag event so please be sure to bring your lunch.
Title:State and Local Responses to Stalled Federal Immigration Reform
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
12:00pm - 1:15pm
55 Columbus Avenue
San Francisco, CA
- Angela F. Chan, Senior Staff Attorney, Criminal Justice Reform Program, Asian Americans Advancing Justice - Asian Law Caucus
- Grisel Ruiz, Defending Immigrants Law Fellow, Immigrant Legal Resource Center
- Kiran Savage-Sangwan, Organizer, ACLU of Northern California
- Moderated by: Nayantara Mehta, Senior Counsel, Alliance for Justice.
- The Bay Area Lawyer Chapter of the American Constitution Society
- Advancing Justice - Asian Law Caucus
- Alliance for Justice
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center.
The American Constitution Society is a State Bar of California approved CLE provider. This event has been approved for 1.0 hours of California MCLE credit.
More Information And Registration