What You Will Learn
- Strategies for providing pro bono legal services
- Anticipating circumstances that may arise in pro bono representation
- Preparing for appearances on behalf of pro bono clients before tribunals, courts, officers and agencies
- Communicating effectively with pro bono clients
- Ethical issues in pro bono service.
Attorneys considering pro bono representation as well as attorneys new to public interest and legal services practice will benefit from this program. Attorneys involved in law firm or corporate legal department pro bono coordination also will find this program useful.
How to Handle Your First Pro Bono Case in New York 2016
April 7, 2016
3:00 PM Eastern
Webcast - Register Now!
Also Presented In-Person In New York, NY
2 or more credits in most jurisdictions
- Adam Jackson Heintz ~ Director of Pro Bono Services, Legal Services NYC
- Louis S. Sartori ~ Director, Pro Bono Practice, The Legal Aid Society
- Jennifer K. Brown ~ Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Izukanne Emeagwali ~ Associate, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Rossalyn K. Quaye ~ Executive Advisor to U.S. Chief Financial Officer, nationalgrid
- Program Attorney: Ilizabeth Hempstead ~ Practising Law Institute
More Information And Registration