What You Will Learn
- How can I ethically address consent and confidentiality with a detained client?
- How should I keep my client reasonably informed?
- What conflicts of interest might arise in the context of ICE enforcement actions?
- What should I do if I become concerned about the validity of evidence or testimony?
- How can I ethically prepare my client to testify without eliciting too much information?
- What if my client has multiple forms of relief and some may not seem worth pursuing?
- How to discuss potential settlement offers with your client.
Ethical Considerations for Attorneys Representing Detained Immigrants
July 31, 2017
9:00 AM Pacific
San Francisco, CA
Webcast - Register Now!
Also presented in-person San Francisco, CA
3 credits in most jurisdictions
Practising Law Institute
More Information And Registration