On February 21, 2019, at 2:00 p.m. (ET), The TASA Group, in conjunction with intellectual property expert Joel Delman, will present a free one hour interactive webinar presentation, Design Patents and Defining the Article of Manufacture: An Expert Witness Plays Devil’s Advocate, for all legal professionals. During this presentation, Joel will discuss:
- What is an “Article of Manufacture (AOM)”?
- Why this is a critical matter for design patent litigation
- History of Apple v. Samsung
- Why AOM has become such a controversial Issue
- Understanding the test for AOM and how it is applied
- Ways to address the test for AOM in litigation
- Current state of the law with respect to AOM.
Design Patents and Defining the Article of Manufacture: An Expert Witness Plays Devil’s Advocate
February 21, 2019
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Webcast - Register Now!
Joel Delman, formerly a corporate and intellectual property lawyer, has spent the past 24 years guiding innovation through strategic product design. From toys to complex medical devices, he has helped hundreds of clients bridge the elusive gap between creative insight and commercial success, and his experience offers a unique understanding of the business side of creativity. Though he is no longer an attorney, Joel advises on all aspects of the protection and monetization of intellectual property, and provides litigation support and serves as expert witness in disputes involving design patent infringement, trade dress and associated intellectual property matters.
The TASA Group, Inc.
- This webinar is approved for CLE credit in AL, CA, CO, DE, FL, IL, KS, KY, MN, MO, NJ, OH, PA, TN, TX, and WI.
- Many states allow attorneys to self-apply for credit: see State Rules