As HR and compliance managers know , completing a Form I-9 involves sifting through numerous gray areas of the law and interpreting often-conflicting instructions. The trouble is, even minor “paperwork” violations can land employers in hot water for non-compliance.
In this webcast, John Fay, LawLogix’s president and general counsel, and Annie Cleveland, corporate director of human resources compliance at Station Casinos, will cover what you really need to know in 2019 related to Form I-9 and E-Verify compliance as well as strategies for assessing hiring policies and implementing critical changes before ICE comes knocking on the door. They will discuss:
- Industry updates and the perfect storm of immigration enforcement
- Recap of ICE Worksite enforcement numbers and the revised “penalty matrix”
- E-Verify update related to the National Law Enforcement Tracking System
- The return of Social Security no-match letters
- Essential I-9 strategies and best practices for “cleaning house” in 2019
- Practical approach for managing and addressing historical I-9s
- Form I-9 & E-Verify sample policies and procedures document
Form I-9 & E-Verify: What You Need to Know in 2019
January 8, 2019
2 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. PT
Webcast - Register Now!
(also to be available for on-demand viewing through April 2019)
- John Fay is president and general counsel at LawLogix. He is a business immigration attorney and technologist with a deep applied knowledge of business immigration, I-9 compliance and E-Verify rules and procedures. During his career, Fay has advised corporations, educational institutions, and individuals on a variety of U.S. immigration and I-9 issues. At the same time, he has also been uniquely involved in information technology, having designed several immigration and I-9 management software applications. Fay is a frequent speaker on I-9 and E-Verify compliance topics, presenting at various employment and immigration conferences throughout the U.S. He is also a prolific writer on I-9 and E-Verify compliance and is responsible for establishing the LawLogix Compliance Blog and Knowledge Base, which features hundreds of original articles and guides on how to properly complete the I-9 and E-Verify process.
- Annie Cleveland, SHRM-CP is the corporate director of human resources compliance for Station Casinos in Las Vegas, NV. Since starting her career with Station Casinos in 2002, she has held numerous positions within the organization in food and beverage, training and human resources. In her current role, she specializes in I-9 and ACA compliance. She earned her SHRM-CP in February 2018.
The sponsor does not list CLE credit; you may have to apply on your own.
More Information And Registration