What You Will Learn
- Domestic Violence 101 - definitions, cycle of violence, working with survivors
- California Domestic Violence Prevention Act restraining orders - procedures, forms, and relief
- How to prepare clients for child custody recommending counseling and understand the role of court-based "Family Court Services"
- How to prepare for and appear on a domestic violence restraining order hearing, including asking for support and safe and enforceable custody/visitation orders
- California law on domestic violence and related issues so that you can adequately issue spot and advise clients, including:
- Domestic Violence Prevention Act,
- California custody and visitation law - creating safe and enforceable child custody and visitation orders,
- Housing protections,
- Victims' rights in criminal proceedings,
- Labor and employment rights,
- Cyber abuse (e.g., social networking sites, texting, video sharing, blogs, and other virtual platforms), and
- New cases
Protecting Domestic Violence Survivors and Children in California: Pro Bono Representation in Low-Income Domestic Violence Restraining Order Cases
June 5, 2015
9:00 AM Pacific
Webcast - Register Now!
Also presented in-person in San Francisco.
- Chair: Tülin D. Açikalin ~ Managing Attorney, Bay Area Legal Aid, San Mateo County Regional Office
- Jessica Dayton ~ Manager of Legal Services, Community Overcoming Relationship Abuse
- Jennifer Horne ~ Staff Attorney, Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County
- Susan Jakubowski ~ Commissioner, San Mateo County Superior Court
- Rebecca Louie ~ Staff Attorney, Bay Area Legal Aid
- Protima Pandey ~ Staff Attorney, Bay Area Legal Aid
- Kristie Whitehorse ~ Managing Attorney, Family Violence Law Center
- Program Attorney: Christina Thompson ~ Program Attorney, Practising Law Institute
Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Virgin Islands, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Practising Law Institute
More Information And Registration
|Free CLE Right In Your Web Browser!|
Every week, 4freeCLE brings you dozens of opportunities to earn Continuing Legal Education credits without paying dime!
- Webcasts: Bring CLE to your home or office
- On-Demand Recordings: Let you learn what you need when you need it
- In-Person: Traditional classroom settings give you the maximum opportunity for interaction and networking.
4freeCLE is and always will be free. Subscribe Now!