What you will learn:
- Domestic Violence 101 - definitions, cycle of violence, working with survivors
- California Domestic Violence Prevention Act restraining orders - procedures, forms and relief
- California Custody and Visitation Law - creating safe and enforceable child custody and visitation orders
- Role of Family Court Services and Preparing Clients for Mediation
- How to prepare and handle a domestic violence restraining order hearing
Any attorney interested in providing pro bono assistance to low-income domestic violence survivors. This is an updated training which has proved helpful to law firm pro bono coordinators, associates and partners, corporate counsel, judges, law students, and public interest and non-profit law firm attorneys and staff.
Protecting Domestic Violence Survivors and Children in California: Pro Bono Representation in Low-Income Domestic Violence Restraining Order Cases
June 7, 2013
9:00 AM Pacific
San Francisco, CA
- Chair: Genevieve L. Richardson ~ Director of Pro Bono Activities, Bay Area Legal Aid
- Tülin D. Açikalin ~ Managing Attorney, Bay Area Legal Aid, San Mateo County Regional Office
- Jennifer E. Horne ~ Staff Attorney, Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County
- Mallika Kaur ~ Staff Attorney, Communities Overcoming Relationship Abuse
- Staci Lambright ~ Staff Attorney, Bay Area Legal Aid
- Christina A Varner ~ Legal Advice Line Advocate, Bay Area Legal Aid
- Program Attorney: Christina Thompson ~ Program Attorney, Practising Law Institute
Practising Law Institute
6 or more credits in most states
More Information And Registration
Every week, it brings to your email box more than 20 opportunities to learn about the legal profession while earning Continuing Legal Education credits.
4freeCLE is and always will be free. Subscribe Now!