Join ACS and New America on Thursday, March 9, for a symposium with a cross section of policing experts who will examine the current state of policing, the institutional and legal critiques central to the debate around police accountability, and the reforms that are needed and politically feasible to address police misconduct.
ACS National Event: Symposium on Policing in a New Political Era
March 9, 2017
10:00 AM - 02:30 PM
Livestreaming will be available on New America's website during the event.
740 15th Street NW
Washington, DC 20005
- Kimberly Atkins, Chief Washington Reporter and Columnist, Boston Herald, Moderator
- Kami Chavis, Professor of Law and Director of the Criminal Justice Program, Wake Forest University School of Law
- Justin Hansford, Visiting Professor of Law, Georgetown Law Center; Associate Professor Saint Louis University School of Law
- Thomas Nolan, Associate Professor of Criminology and Director of Graduate Programs in Criminology, Merrimack College
- Lisa D. Robinson, President, Vanguard Justice Society, Inc.; Lieutenant, Baltimore Police Department
- Ekow Yankah, Professor of Law, Cardozo School of Law
- Roy L. Austin, Jr., former Deputy Assistant to the President for Urban Affairs, Justice and Opportunity, White House Domestic Policy Council; Partner, Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis LLP
- Barry Friedman, Jacob D. Fuchsberg Professor of Law and Director of the Policing Project, New York University School of Law; Author, Unwarranted: Policing without Permission
- Jamiles Lartey, Reporter, The Guardian, Moderator
- Brian Corr, President, National Association of Civilian Oversight of Law Enforcement; Executive Director, Cambridge Peace Commission
- Robert N. Driscoll, Member, McGlinchey Stafford PLLC; former Deputy Assistant Attorney General and Chief of Staff, Civil Rights Division, U.S. Department of Justice
- Christy Lopez , Distinguished Visitor from Practice, Georgetown Law Center; former Deputy Chief, Special Litigation Section of the Civil Rights Division, U.S. Department of Justice
- Denise W. Ross, Public Interest Technology Fellow, New America
American Constitution Society
The American Constitution Society is a State Bar of California approved CLE provider.